My spouse and I bought a car from superior auto wholesalers about a week ago. Everything seemed like it was running just fine, the outside and inside of the car looked clean and immaculate.

I guess they know how to pull the wool over your eyes. For one, the battery was dead and needed to be jumped. No one advised us of this until all of the paperwork had been signed and our downpayment of $1500 was taken. They pulled the car out for us as well - were thinking this was very generous.

But really this was all an attempt to conceal the parking light that was out. Also, the hood would not pop as the latch to open it had been broken. They obviously knew this if the car needed a jump.. but no one thought itd be a good idea to let us know should we ever need to jump it again we'd need to pull the hood cord with a pair of plyers to get it to open!

We tried to ignore the minor issues as I've stated before the car appears to be in great condition for as old as it is. But just when we thought we were in the clear, the car suddenly stops. Before it completely shut off, the radio went out. Then it came back on but only in one speaker, then back off again.

The car also made a sudden jolt and i knew something was not right. The battery volts went down to about 8.0 for a 12.0 volt battery! Upon taking the battery out and taking it to autozone for inspection and testing, they advised us the battery went down to about a 2.0 volts which is why it would no longer start. Per an autozone rep, a cell in the battery was bad and kept dying which ultimately kept draining our battery out.

Needless to say we had to purchase a new battery 3 days after having a $4500 car that we are financing. The worst part about it is at the signing table they assured us they had a mechanic on site who maintains of all their cars in great condition. I guess he doesnt know how to check or battery or they didnt think we needed to know the battery would have to be replaced. Good thing we had the finances to come out of pocket in such short notice...but i wouldnt recommend anyone to purchase a car from Superior Auto Wholesalers unless you are prepared to spend additional monies fixing undisclosed problems.

I know here in Jersey as is means you have to accept the car " as is ", however when no one tells you what issues there are you dont have a fair chance! If we wouldve known 3 days after purchasing a car that is not exactly cheap, we would have to dish out another 100 dollars to fix an existing problem we may have opted to buy a different car which in the end would have resulted in more revenue for the company. Or even just to have the knowledge and be prepared wouldve been better than your just purchased car suddenly turning off while you're in route! Unfortunatly they were not as honest/open to disclose issues as i would have expected, but we love our car and will continue to finance.

However some consumers may not be this accepting.. Hopefully one day they will look out for their consumers instead of just trying to get rid of cars on their lot!

Comments

I cant believe what I am reading here....customers complaining about purchasing a used car from a used car dealer WITHOUT GETTING IT CHECKED OUT BY THEIR OWN MECHANIC?????? WAKE UP YOU DOPES!!!

Other than a home, a car is probably the second biggest purchase in your life. Do you buy a home without getting it inspected?

Stay away from Superior Auto. The do lots of illegal stuff.

The mechanic, if you can call him that, does not know what he is doing. The owner, John, is rude and nasty.

He and Sabrina overcharge for the financing documents bc when I took a copy of my paperwork to someone in the business, they told me I was overcharged. SUPERIOR AUTO IS A RIP OFF!!

yeah bought a car there recently had my friend run the inspection sticker on it and it was from a totaly different car make model year color.. u guys do realize theres a bar code on there for a reason..

so i reported it to as many state and local gov. facilities as i could find being that my friend who is a k-9 officer is deemed a reliable source .. so superior will be getting looked at .. not to much wrong with my car ..

usual *** battery .. missing bolts.. the best is both the bots in the steering stabilizer had fallin out on the way home looked like they where from an old cieling fan box or maybe a longer version of an outlet screw .. one actually had a ...

dolly on the end... i think thats what its called.. the things u put a screw in.. and as you screw it , it opes op wider..

a total of 100$ no big deal but the inpection pissed me of just take the sticker out .. i knew it had a leak in the exhaust .. but if i get pulled over and get a ticket for false documents thats f'd up..

Have A GREEEAT DAY!! and oh yeah dont buy a car from them unless u bring a mechanic

To as is, I'm glad u did to your research and didn't rely on good faith like I did cus it gets you no where! ! Finally after hundreds of dollars our car is better than it ever was on that lot

I seen this company on cragislist and thanks god I did my research before going there. 1st you can tell the 1st comment was made by the dealership they just went under a diffrent name.

If they were trustworthy they should of gave you a new battery and also put the headlight in your car. What kind of dealership are these people running, Sounds to me like they have a ghetto one.

Sabrina or whoever this is, you really need to chill out before you get ahead of yourself. You're unprofessional and the bottom line is that I would not tell anyone to purchase a car from you no matter how good it looks for that reason.

We need a new alternator exhaust and brakes still! if those aren't serious problems I don't know what is. You should consider yourself even luckier than me that I didn't go all out and say all that I wanted to say and its as simple as that.

Face the.facts that its not just me that has complaints not only about you but also your lot. And if you have anything else to say you can kindly say it to me the next time I see you but don't get on here and try to be smart

superiorauto

You bought a 96 Cadillac Eldorado in the middle of the coldest winter we've had in years. If you don't drive a car everyday the battery cells will die.

People that own more than one car that didn't drive both cars had to replace the battery. Your right when you say the the car was immaculate because it was and we only sell nice cars. You should consider yourself lucky that there was nothing wrong with it but a DEAD BATTERY and a TAIL LIGHT out. If you bought the same car on someone else's lot I guarantee you would have had many problems other serious problems.

Before you get a head of yourself you should consider the facts that you had to replace a battery in the coldest winter we had, and tail light bulbs will burn out, it is only $3.00 the most for a bulb. I hope you realize that this car is 15 years old and may need things here and there.

to superiorauto Mantua, New Jersey, United States #933295

SO RIGHT!!

Oakland, Maryland, United States #243113

Lol... Why dont u go kill urself?

I never said I wasnt taking responsibility for anything.

Just trying to give advice to them and their future consumers not listen to someones comments whos probably sitting at home all day just waiting for someone to post something so their life wont suck as much. thanks for giving me my laugh of the day ***

You trusted the same place you were purchasing a car from to give you an honest inspection? You are a victim of yourself and your poor judgement. Man up and accept responsibility for YOUR OWN actions.

You are a prime example of where we are heading as a society - to the sh*tter!